Welcome to the I Want The Kit (IWTK) website! If you have used IWTK in the past, following is some information that may help answer some of your questions.
- I have an IWTK user id and password from the old site. Will my user id and password work in the new site? Your user id from the old site will work in the new site. The first time you login to the new site, you will have to reset your password. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you have concerns
- Do I have to set up my user profile again or has all of my information like address and phone number been transferred from the old site? All user profiles have been transferred. You should not have to set yours up again.
- Can I still order the same tests as in the past? Yes, we still offer urogenital and rectal testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea. We offer at-home HIV testing for residents of Baltimore City and some residents of Arizona.
- Is IWTK offering any new tests that have not been available in the past? Right now we are not offering anything new but we hope to expand our testing options in the near future.
We want to provide the best possible IWTK services for people like you who use the website. If you are willing to spend about 5 minutes completing a short survey, you will contribute important information to help us improve the services we offer. The survey is completely voluntary (meaning you do not have to do it if you don’t want to) and will not be linked to you in any way. So, if possible, please tell us how you feel about IWTK. Thank You!
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are a hidden epidemic. Concerns about stigma and privacy stop many people from getting the tests and treatment they need. Untreated STIs may lead to serious health problems. At IWTK, we hope to play a part in stopping this epidemic.
We offer free, accurate, and confidential testing in the privacy and comfort of your home for two common STIs, chlamydia and gonorrhea. Our service is available for all Maryland and Alaska residents and some Arizona residents. We also offer trichomonas testing for women and in-home HIV test kits for residents of some areas, including Baltimore City and Arizona. Order an HIV test kit alone or along with an STI kit.
Take Control, Know Your Status. Order your test kit today.
What if your STI test is positive?
1. Get treated right away. Some clinics offer free or low-cost treatment.
2. Tell your partner(s) so they get tested and treated too.
3. Get retested three months after completing treatment.
Have you heard about PrEP? PrEP, or pre-exposure prophylaxis, is a way to help prevent HIV by taking one pill once a day. Go to PrEP Maryland to learn more or to find a healthcare provider near you.
Need condoms? Using condoms correctly every time you have sex is one way to protect yourself and your partner(s) from STIs and HIV. Some organizations offer free or reduced price condoms.